Shiloh Lundahl, LCSW, is the director of Parent Arizona and Counseling Services. He is a bilingual therapist (Spanish) who specializes in working with children, teenagers, and families. He has specialized training in working with young children ages birth through 6 years of age but also works well with older children and teenage boys.
Shiloh uses a family systems approach to help family members improve their relationships with one another and to improve the overall strength and stability of the family.
Shiloh's unique personality helps him build relationships with children and teens easily and quickly and helps him get beyond the resistance that some kids have toward counseling.
Shiloh has been working with children and teens for the last 8 years and has provided child and family therapy in residential settings, in office settings, and in the home for the last 3 years.
Shiloh uses a logical approach to therapy which includes three stages:
1. Raising self-awareness and insight as to how one's experiences and beliefs affect one's behaviors and interactions with others.
2. Education and skill building in order to learn how to overcome self-defeating behaviors and break cycles of unhealthy behaviors.
3. Practicing the learned skills with supportive coaching in order to create healthier ways of problem solving or to process traumatic events that lead to the undesired behaviors.
Areas of Specialty Include:
- Adolescent issues
- Adult Anxiety
- Anger Management
- Child (ages Birth - 6)
- Children (ages 7-12)
- Childhood Anxiety
- Parent-Child Relationships
- Substance Abuse
Rates for Counseling Services
Shiloh Does not currently accept insurance reimbursements, therefore he works to provide therapy and counseling services at a lower Rate.
- 50 Minutes - In Office Therapy = $80
- 80 Minutes - In Home Therapy = $100 (East of Gilbert Rd)
- 80 Minutes - In Home Therapy = $120 (West of Gilbert Rd)
- 10-hour - In Home package = $900 (East of Gilbert Rd)
- 10-hour - In Home package = $1100 (West of Gilbert Rd)
- Single mothers paying for services by themselves get a discounted rate of $65 for in-office and $80-100 for in-home.
For family counseling or when counseling with younger children, Shiloh prefers to provide counseling in the home environment. Through in-home counseling, Shiloh has found that he can learn about the family dynamics and the family system at a much faster rate and, therefore, can help affect change within the family much quicker.
Rates for Seminars or Presentations
Shiloh has been hired throughout Arizona to teach parenting seminars and classes in schools and to special groups. You can hire Shiloh to do presentions on parenting using the Love and Logic approach for your company or for a group. Rates vary depending upon time and location. Call Shiloh for details and pricing at 602-492-5055.
"My overall experience was wonderful. Shiloh was always respectful, understanding, and helpful. He was very insightful into our situation and always had great advice on how to handle situations. I would be happy to work with him again."
- Sherry from Mesa
"My overall experience with Shiloh has been very positive. He approaches the situation with calm and true attention. He uses his knowledge only after hearing what has been said and then he uses it without a condescending attitude. The suggestions given are always well spoken and easy to understand."
- Tim from Mesa
Scheduling a Counseling Session
To schedule a counseling session Call 602-492-5055. Shiloh will ask a few questions to find out if he may be able to help with your situation or he will refer you to a someone who may be more suited to your needs.
The following four forms are required to begin treatment. Please print out each form and fill in the information prior to the first session.
- Client Consent for Treatment - This form is to be filled out before the first session.
- Client Information Sheet - This form is to be filled out before the first session.
- Authorization for Automatic Payment - This form authorizes credit/debit card billing.
- Client History Form - This Form is to gather infomation helpful in counseling.
The following form is to be printed and filled out if a third party is involved in the payment of services. Please have this form filled out prior to the first session.
- Third Party Payer Agreement - This form is for individuals who receive financial assistance from a third party (not including insurance companies).
Location for Services
In office therapy will be provided at the following location:
In-home counseling is provided to individuals who live in the following cities and Zip Codes in Arizona:
- Gilbert, AZ
- Queen Creek, AZ
- Apache Junction, AZ
- San Tan Valley, AZ
- Johnson Ranch, AZ
- Mesa, AZ
- Tempe, AZ
- Chandler, AZ
- Ahwatukee, AZ
- Phoenix, AZ
- Scottsdale, AZ
85140 85240 85201
85202 85203 85204
85205 85206 85207
85210 85211 85213
85215 85275 85233
85234 85295 85296
85297 85298 85299
85242 85142 85209
Go back to the Therapist Directory.