Parent Arizona and Counseling Services is dedicated to providing quality therapy and parenting services that strengthen individuals and families.
- Helpguide.org – ADD/ADHD in Children. Signs and symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder.
- Calming the Chaos – Audio Presentation by Jim Fay and Charles Fay, Ph.D.
- ADHD testing and evaluations
Attachment and Bonding
- Gentleparents.com – Guiding our children with kindness through attachment parenting. Articles, message boards, photo gallery, birth stories and more.
- Attachment Parenting International – attachmentparenting.org
- Book – Beyond Consequences, Logic, and Control By Heather Forbes and Bryan Post.
- Bruce Perry – Great articles about attachment and bonding by Dr. Bruce Perry, M.D. Ph.D. can be found at traumacentral.net and teacher.scholastic.com.
- Bright Tots – Information on Autism and Early Childhood Development.
- Bullies to Buddies – This website is directed by Israel “Izzy” Kalman, a school psychologist and psychotherapist who specializes in interventions to stop bullying.
Child Abuse Hotline (in the State of Arizona)
- 1-888-SOS CHILD (1-888-767-2445)
- ChildTrauma Academy – The ChildTrauma Academy (CTA) is a not-for-profit organization, based in Houston, Texas, working to improve the lives of high-risk children through direct services, research, and education.
Court Ordered Parenting Classes in Arizona
- If you have been ordered by the court to take parenting classes, then only specific court approved classes will fulfill the requirment. You can find out about the times and locations of these classes by contacting the clerk of the superior court in your county. You may find a listing of the contact information for the superior clerks in the counties of Arizona here.
- Family Support Center
Daddy Boot Camp
- Boot camps for new dads. This program helps new dads learn the basics of being a dad such as burping a baby, chanding and swaddling, and what to do when a baby cries. Topics such as bonding, work hours, and safety will be covered. These boot camps are offered at the following locations
- Banner Del E Webb Medical center – 14502 W Meeker Blvd, Sun City West 623-876-5432 bannerhealth.com.
- Chandler Regional Medical Center – 475 S. Dobson Rd, Chandler 408-728-3935 chandlerregional.org.
- Child Crisis Center – 817 N Country Club Dr, Mesa 480-834-9424 childcrisis.org.
- Mercy Gilbert Medical Center – 3555 S Val Vista Dr, Gilbert 480-728-3935 mercygilbert.org.
- Scottsdale Healthcare – Shea – 9003 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale 480-882-4636 shc.org.
- St Joseph’s Hospital – 350 W Thomas Rd, Phoenix 602-406-3050 stjosephs-phx.org.
Daycare and Child Care
- Ordize is the best user friendly search engine in the US specifically designed to help you find, research, rate, and review specific daycares.
Divorced and Parenting
- CoParenting.com – Child Custody Parenting Plans: Arrangements, Rights, and Financial obligations.
- www.TheCryinHouse.com – Family violence has many adverse effects on children who witness the abuse. In her book, The Cryin’ House: A Story for Children Who Witness Family Violence, author Dr. Julee S. Poole gives a voice to the children who are growing up in a violent home environment. The book explores the pain and suffering that these silent victims have to go through and the dynamics of the family. Readers will be gripped by the dismal reality of domestic violence and its effects on children. At the same time, they will realize that there is hope and steps to be taken to help the child and their family. Although presented in the wrappings of a picture book, there are glimpses of truth embedded beneath the storyline.
Drugs and Alcohol
- Renaissance Recovery Center – 480-632-1345
- Inner-Work Counseling – Intensive Outpatient Program for Substance Abuse, Substance Dependence, and Co-Occurring Disorders for Adults. 3231 S. Country Club Way, Suite 111, Tempe, AZ 85282. Phone: 480-755-4016.
- Home and Family Guides – Articles and information about home, family, home schooling, and other related subjects. Baby and parenting articles and advice.
- Parent Super Site Resource Directory – Parent Super Site provides help and resources for both moms and dads. Our mission is to provide our visitors with only the best parenting information and resources.
- South West Human Development – www.swhd.org helps parents of young children who would like extra support. Qualifying families can receive free in-home parenting aid services. (602) 266-5976.
- Building Strong Families National Seminars – Serving families, individuals, parents, couples, and professionals, Building Strong Families National Seminars facilitates powerful educational conferences, seminars, parenting webinars, and offers family-related products with topics geared toward strengthening, empowering, and enhancing the family, schools, and the community.
- Ernest Parenting Blog – Written by Amy, the mom of two sets of twins (that she homeschools!) The site started when Amy was frustrated over the struggles of homeschooling and parenting and no one was out there saying “this is hard”. It has since developed into a place for encouraging parents and commiserating over the difficulites we all face.
- Parenting Help – Website created by a group of parents providing reviews of a selection of effective parenting programs for toddlers, children, and teenagers.
- WellCare – The WellCare Foundation provides free, integrated primary healthcare to single working mothers and their children who are not on state assistance or who cannot afford insurance or to pay for needed healthcare.
- Fostering – We are an independent fostering agency who are passionate about ensuring positive outcomes for children and young people.
- Amazing Jakes in Mesa, AZ. (480) 926-7499.
- Training Children to be Independent “The-PLAN-Indepedent-Training” – “The Fabulously Brilliant Flexible and Comprehensive Plan for Raising Independent Children Who Will Be Able to Take Care of Themselves as Adults and Be Able to Have a Family of Their Own Plan.” By Marrilee Boyack.
- www.ThePathLifeCoaching.com – Through The Path Life Coaching, you can explore your options to move you forward to a more fulfilling and satisfying life. You will be guided along “your Life’s Path” becoming empowered to realize your own truths and solutions as you move forward and achieve your own goals and dreams. The Path Life Coaching is based on a wellness approach to life coaching that embraces the “whole” self to include self-truth, spirituality, and emotional and physical wellness.
Love and Logic Articles
On-Line Parenting Classes
- Parenting Pyramid (PDF). This is an excellent article created by the Arbinger Company. It explains the connection that correcting our children has with our relationship with them and how that relates to our relationship with our spouse and our own personal way of being. It is highly recommended for all parents to read.
- Parenting Journals – Promoting happy and healthy families. Tips, articles and resources for parents and children.
- New and Expecting Parents Meetup newparents.meetup.com.
- MOMS (Moms Offering Moms Support) Club – Valleywide support group designed for at-home moms. Offers meetings, playgroups, field trips and suest speakers.momsclub.org.
- Phoenix Mommies – Localized area groups and specialized support groups. Nonprofit member of The Mommies Network. phoenixmommies.com.
- The Center for Positive Regard – Teri Krull, LCSW is a well known play therapist and play therapy supervisor.
- Niraja T. Patel, D.O. – 9821 E. Bell Road, Suite #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85260. Phone: 480-871-6363. www.valleyfamilypsychiatry.com.
Suicide and Crisis Hotlines
- Suicide Prevention Hotline National 1-800-784-2433.
- Empact Suicide Prevention Center (480) 784-1500.
- Arizona Teen Crisis Solutions (623) 879-9600.
- Desert Swim School Has been providing swim lessons in the East Valley since 1985 to residents of Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, and Tempe. They offer classes from parents and toddlers to competitive swimming and adult lessons. All of their instructors are trained and experienced. They have indoor facilities for kids to learn to swim year-round or you can hire them to come to your own backyard pool during the summer. (480) 461-3888.
- Teen Outreach Pregnancy Services (TOPS). TOPS provides free services to mothers 21 years of age or younger. (480) 668-8800.
- Teen Resource Guide provided by azchildren.org.
- Teen Lifeline 602-266-1958. teenlifeline.org
- tutorhunt.com provides a completely free service for tutors whereby students can find the nearest tutor to them who matches their requirements. Our service is used by thousands of parents and students.
ParentArizona provides links to other websites as a free resource directory. ParentArizona is not responsible for the information or content found on any website which it links to.
Baby Scan Stirling – Private baby scans edinburgh and private baby scanning edinburgh by Babes in the Womb. Book now by calling 0131 339 6000.
ParentingCenter.com – Parenting & Family Resources Directory
Depressionandtreatment.org – More about treatment for depression.
If you provide services for families and would like us to place a link on our website, send us your information using our contact form.